Can I turn on verbosity at the daemon end?

Matt McCutchen hashproduct+rsync at gmail.com
Fri Feb 16 00:43:19 GMT 2007

On 2/14/07, James Dishongh <james.dishongh at net-rx.com> wrote:
> I'm using rsync to backup a remote windows server which has cwRsyncServer
> installed -- and I'm running a daemon at my end. Is there a way for me to
> increase the verbosity at the daemon end for debugging reasons?

The client controls the verbosity; you can't increase it on the daemon
side unless you write a program to intercept the connection and add
extra -v options.  However, you can set "transfer logging = yes" in
the daemon's configuration file, which will at least give you a log of
all files successfully transferred to or from the daemon.

Matt