owner and group

Tony Abernethy tony at servacorp.com
Thu Feb 8 12:19:36 GMT 2007

-a gets several options you probably want  (in particular -o and -g)
(from man rsync)
        -a, --archive               archive mode, equivalent to -rlptgoD

        -r, --recursive             recurse into directories
        -l, --links                 copy symlinks as symlinks
        -p, --perms                 preserve permissions
        -o, --owner                 preserve owner (root only)
        -g, --group                 preserve group
        -D, --devices               preserve devices (root only)
        -t, --times                 preserve times