Rsync copies open files on XP

Stuart Halliday StuartH at ecs-tech.com
Fri Feb 2 14:21:30 GMT 2007

I've put together a suite of free commandline programs and scripts that allow a XP user to via Rsync to copy any part of their C: drive including open files. In effect allow them to backup all their C: drive.

It uses cwrsync for windows.

Vshadow and dosdev, free programs from Microsoft, to create shadow drives.
(Volume Shadow Copy Service SDK 7.2)

With a different version of vshadow, it will work on Windows 2003 Server.

I've put it up at my site
http://www.quantumsoft.co.uk/files/pc/save_profiles.zip (1MB)

I'm just a IT guy who uses this to do user profile backups. But I felt it had it's uses for a wider audience perhaps.

--
Stuart Halliday

This email is the property of ECS Technology Ltd.
This company is registered in Scotland with company number 212513.
VAT registered GB 761 7456 12
http://www.ecs-tech.com/