Rsync 3.0.0pre7 released

Giuliano Gavazzi dev+lists at humph.com
Wed Dec 26 23:05:24 GMT 2007

On 17 Dec 2007, at 01:17, Wayne Davison wrote:

> I've just released rsync 3.0.0pre7, the latest pre-release version of
> the upcoming 3.0.0 release.

On MacOS X 10.5.1, source PPC target Intel over a Firewire TCP/IP
connection:

sudo  /usr/local/bin/rsync -ai --stats -AX --rsync-path=/usr/local/bin/
rsync  [...]

apart from various warnings on sockets:

rsync: get_xattr_names: llistxattr("...",1024) failed: Operation not
permitted (1)

that resulted in the socket not being copied (even with --specials)

I got these stats for about 30GB worth of data in about 2 hours:

Number of files: 407317
Number of files transferred: 377808

^^^^ has this mismatch something to do with the first including
directories and the second not?

Total file size: 34860439736 bytes
Total transferred file size: 34860261591 bytes
Literal data: 34860261591 bytes
Matched data: 0 bytes
File list size: 10391700
File list generation time: 0.003 seconds
File list transfer time: 0.000 seconds
Total bytes sent: 35084947192
Total bytes received: 7332354

sent 35084947192 bytes  received 7332354 bytes  4927652.82 bytes/sec
total size is 34860439736  speedup is 0.99
rsync error: some files could not be transferred (code 23) at
main.c(1058) [sender=3.0.0pre7]

I did again a rsync after a while to refresh the copy, this time 5
minutes (about 30MB transferred).

Then I did an mtree (with type, cksum and mode as keywords) on both
sides, and apart from a few files that changed because I was logged in
as the user I was backing up, both sides had identical modes and
checksums. I checked also some extended attributes for a few files,
but did not do an extensive check on this regard.

A note: I did not get any compiler warnings and I did not apply any of
the patches.

As far as I can tell, this version behaves very well.

Good work!

Giuliano