multiple rsyncd daemons: init script

Johan Huysmans johan.huysmans at inuits.be
Wed Dec 19 10:10:21 GMT 2007

Hi all,

I want to run 2 rsync daemons on my system. Each has its own
configuration file, and they are listening on a specific port.
These 2 daemons are running perfectly but getting them started by 2 init
scripts is a bit more difficult.

The problem is that when stopping rsync you check the pid of rsync,
which results in both pids of the daemons.
Off course i want the script to be very generic, meaning that they are
identical for both daemons, except the rsync options.
But the script must also be used in a simple situation (= 1 rsync daemon
running on the system).

Does someone have such init script or ideas of how that should be build.

I'm trying using the functions provided by /etc/init.d/functions on a
centos system.
This will check for the pid in /var/run/rsync.pid, but this doesn't work
nicely with multiple daemons.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Johan Huysmans