Rsync 3.0.0pre7 released
wayned at samba.org
Mon Dec 17 00:17:15 GMT 2007
I've just released rsync 3.0.0pre7, the latest pre-release version of
the upcoming 3.0.0 release.
This release contains fixed exclude checks for a "use chroot = no"
daemon that has excludes listed in the config file. This is a partial
fix for the 2nd advisory that was released recently. See the rsync
security web page for the updated details and a patch for 2.6.9:
Thanks for all the testing! We're making good progress to get this
released in the weeks ahead. Please send email to the rsync mailing
list with your questions, comments, bug reports, etc.
You can download the source tar file and its signature from here:
The patches directory was released in a separate tar file for this
release. I'm still considering if this is the best choice or not, so
feel free to comment:
The following changes were made since pre6 was released:
- The aforementioned daemon-exclude fixes.
- The release script now gets the timestamps on the generated autoconf
files right so that make doesn't try to rebuild them.
- Fixed a bug in the --progress output where the to-check count would
sometimes go negative.
- Fixed a glitch in an internal directory counter on the sending side
that could cause rsync to crash.
- Avoid an assert problem if --hard-links was used in list-only mode.
- Check alternate-basis-dir options (--*-dest) and warn about problems.
- Fixed a potential (but unlikely) memory leak in make_file().
- Silenced some compiler warnings.
To see a full summary of the changes since 2.6.9, visit this link:
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 189 bytes
Desc: Digital signature
Url : http://lists.samba.org/archive/rsync/attachments/20071216/0dad7c63/attachment.bin
More information about the rsync