Change destination root?

Max Kipness max at assuredata.com
Sun Dec 16 15:53:25 GMT 2007

I'm wondering if it's possible to do the following.

I've got a source directory of /data with several subdirectories such as
subdir1/ subdir2/ subdir3/ , etc. I'd like to rsync these to a different
host under directory /backup, so that I have paths /backup/subdir1,
/backup/subdir2, etc. I also need to be able to use the option --files-from.

So, a source dir of /data on host1, with a --files-from file containing:

subdir1
subdir2
subdir3

rsyncing to host2 and ending up with the file structure:

/backup/subdir1
/backup/subdir2
/backup/subdir3

Basically, I'd like to substitute /var for /backup. Is this possible?

Thanks,
Max