rsync 3.00pre6 segfault in add_dirs_to_tree

Wayne Davison wayned at samba.org
Thu Dec 13 15:06:29 GMT 2007

On Wed, Dec 12, 2007 at 09:44:47PM -0500, Ming Zhang wrote:
> from the mode, it looks that both of them are directories, so S_ISDIR()
> should be 1 and thus "dir_cnt--" should get executed, but later show
> dir_cnt is still 1.

I wonder if dir_cnt was 3 when there was only 2 dir entries?  I see a
way in the code that the dir_count global could get executed and then
later in the make_file() call it could return a NULL indicating that the
current entry should not get included.

I'm moving the incrementing of the dir_count variable to avoid this.
If you would, please test the latest dev version (from the most recent
nightly tar file or the git repo).

Thanks for your very detailed bug report!