RSYNC Hang on client match_sums

Matt McCutchen hashproduct+rsync at gmail.com
Fri Aug 31 00:10:48 GMT 2007

On 8/29/07, Alain DESEINE <alain.deseine at cabinfo.fr> wrote:
> I attach to this mail logs from both the client and the server strace.
>
> The comand use is :
>
> rsync.exe -vvv -r -t -b --backup-dir=previous_version --exclude="~$*"
> --exclude="*.bak" --delete -v "/cygdrive/D/tmpal"
> bambckp at www.xxx.yyy.zzz::bambckp/bam/

Thank you for the generator/receiver strace.  What I see is that the
receiver received all 1470 bytes of data for the file
`tmpal/Joom!Fish1.7/mambots/system/jfdatabase.systembot.xml' but
stalled waiting to read the end-of-file token and checksum.  Either
the sender hung between sending the data and sending the end-of-file
stuff or the network lost the end-of-file stuff.  It would be helpful
to establish which, and to do that, we need the sender's strace.

Please run rsync again, stracing all three processes (in case
something slightly different happens), and send the output.  If the
sender is invoked as a scheduled job, just change the job command to
include strace; you can either let the strace output mix with the
rsync output in the mail message or direct the strace output to a file
that you pick up later.

Matt