moderation?

Matt McCutchen matt at mattmccutchen.net
Tue Aug 28 13:59:01 GMT 2007

On 8/28/07, Charles Marcus <CMarcus at media-brokers.com> wrote:
> In this day and age, that is a most unwise policy. For one, it opens up
> *MY* email address to spammers.
>
> Please, rsync list maintainers - join the 21st century, respect *MY*
> privacy rights, and require membership for participation.

Let me point out that the list maintainers don't owe you anything.
You chose to subscribe your address to the list, so you get to deal
with the consequences (e.g., by using a disposable email address or a
spam filter); if you don't like them, unsubscribe.  That said, I do
think it would be appreciated by all subscribers if spam were
controlled better by the rsync list.

Matt