rsync --delete issue

Ameerov ameerov at gmail.com
Sat Aug 25 18:57:56 GMT 2007

Hi,  I hope this is the right place to post this... I came across this
old unsolved post that is describing the exact problem i am having,
tried emailing the author but the email bounced.

http://lists.samba.org/archive/rsync/2006-June/015697.html

Basically files on the destination get deleted if I use any of the
--delete options.  As if it does not see that those file are indeed in
the source.  I haven't found any solution online or in the rsync manpage.
If anyone knows what the problem could be then please let me know.

Thanks