Rewritten rsync man page

CSights csights at fastmail.fm
Thu Aug 9 17:13:32 GMT 2007

Hi Matt,
	Sorry I didn't write earlier, hopefully my suggestions are still useful.
Also, I'm not subscribed to the rsync list so I might duplicate or conflict
with other suggestions you've received. :)
	The first suggestion is that the order of the options listed be changed so
that the least esoteric ones are placed before (as much as the grouping
allows) the more often used ones.  For example, some of the more often used
groups are "Source File Selection", "Deletion", and "Name-based filter rules"
	I like the way a default action is included in the short option descriptions.
	Perhaps -H should be under "Destination file handling" rather
than "Attributes"->"Others"?
	In "HOW RSYNC WORKS" the server might be on the local computer. :)
	"If  the  check  passes,  the  generator  applies" -> "If  the  quick check
passes,  the  generator  applies" .  Might as well use the bolded phrase
again!  (I think "quick check" is not very descriptive. "file data sameness
check", "file sameness check", or "sameness check" seem more informative).
	For the part starting "For  each  regular file, it compares", here is a
rephrasing:
	"For  each  regular file, it compares the information specified by the "quick
check" rule to determine whether the file's data are identical.  If the
information match, then files are assumed to be the same and the generator
applies any preserved source attributes to the destination file (tweaks it)."

	I think the description of how rsync works is nice and, if nothing else, this
should be added to the existing man page.

Thanks Matt,
	C.