need a rsync patch..!

Matt McCutchen hashproduct+rsync at gmail.com
Wed Aug 8 00:35:41 GMT 2007

On 8/7/07, User of web Forum. Crafta.com <forum at crafta.com> wrote:
> Hi, I noticed you guys knowns the rsync source code:
> Could you please tellme what patch to apply in order to solve this long
> time issue I have:
> http://www.interopcommunity.com/tm.aspx?m=12450&mpage=1&key=&#12450

In the future, lose the opportunism, start a new thread to
rsync at lists.samba.org , explain your problem, and you'll be more sure
of getting a timely, useful response.

Anyway: the fact that Samba, cat, and rsync are all giving the same
"crc errors" strongly suggests that either something is wrong with
your crc tool or you are comparing apples to oranges (e.g., some kind
of text-binary conversion is going on somewhere, perhaps in Interix).

You might try running your unixy tools under Cygwin (
http://www.cygwin.com/ ) instead of Interix.  I know there are a lot
of people happily using rsync under Cygwin, and if something goes
wrong, there will be a much larger community that can help you.  You
might like cwRsync, a packaging of rsync and Cygwin:
http://itefix.no/cwrsync/ .

Matt