Problems with --delete

penglish at 3tiergroup.com penglish at 3tiergroup.com
Mon Apr 16 20:44:29 GMT 2007

Hi,
 	I'm using rsync 2.6.3 on both sides, and I'm having trouble with
--delete. It does not seem to be removing any files on the target
filesystem. Here's the command I'm using:

rsync -av --delete --exclude "lost+found" /ops/ mercury2:/ops

This is for a fairly large ext3 filesystem (420G) with "lots" of files.

If I run the command repeatedly, the filesystem on the target machine just
fills up, while what I'm shooting for is clone.

The strange thing is that _some_ files are being deleted.. just a few, and
obviously not nearly enough.

Paul