rsync 3.x ACL / XATTR support for Solaris 10 / ZFS

Carson Gaspar carson at taltos.org
Tue Apr 3 12:58:38 GMT 2007

Looking at the current code in CVS, it appears that rsync does not
currently support ACLs or XATTRs for Solaris ZFS filesystems (at least
not completely - I'm not sure how UFS/ZFS auto ACL format conversion
works). It shouldn't be too hard to add support, especially as ZFS now
uses NFSv4 ACLs. I'm glad to do the coding and testing, but I wanted to
make sure that someone wasn't already so doing before I got started.

--
Carson