Feature Request Creation date/time

Ian Webber rimmer100 at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 29 09:52:29 GMT 2006

Hello,

I use rsync to copy personal data to various different machines for backup purposes and enjoy the robustness of the copy process.

I was wondering if it was possible to add the option for rsync to copy the creation date and time as well as the modification time.

This is really just a request for 'completeness'.  When copying personal files it's useful to know when the orginal was created and not just the last time it was modified.

I understand that rsync doesn't need this information to do its job but feel it would be a useful addition if it was able to be implemented.

Thanks

Ian