Clarification on the RSYNC_EXIT_STATUS

Rob Bosch robbosch at msn.com
Wed Sep 20 03:17:14 GMT 2006

I'm guessing no one else has seen this issue?  Most exit codes are properly
reported (e.g. code 12, code 10, code 2).  The specific scenario is when a
filename too long or directory not present error causes the client to exit
with a code of 23 (reported as the exit code on the client properly and
captured in the environment variable there).  The exit code of the server
still shows an exit code of zero.  Any comments or ideas on what I may be
doing wrong?

Also, if anyone has comments on what section the code sets the environment
variable errors I'd appreciate it.thanks.

Rob