cygwin rsync performance and bandwidth between two w2003 servers

Ulrich Jung ulrich.jung at wfw.de
Thu Sep 14 11:42:49 GMT 2006

Hi Quinn,

it's a local filesystem (SCSI U320)...
I tried it also with the --bwlimit switch but that doesn't matter - it's
still the same.
This morning I took a closer look at the transfer rate between w2003 and
linux: unfortunally it's not the whole bandwidth but only 75% of it. And
that's not protocol overhead or something like that because I checked it
with iptraf on our proxy server. Only between two linux systems I'm able
to get maximum speed.

Perhaps some more ideas?

Sattler Media Press GmbH
Ulrich Jung