cygwin rsync performance and bandwidth between two w2003 servers

Ulrich Jung ulrich.jung at wfw.de
Tue Sep 12 11:49:04 GMT 2006

I have two Windows 2003 Standard Edition Server with 2x 3,0 GHz P4 and 4
GB RAM.
On each server rsync runs as cygwin daemon (rsync version 2.6.6;
protocol version 29).

The two servers are connected through a 2 MBit VPN link.
When I sync a single large file or a whole directory, rsync only uses
50% of the available bandwidth.
When I do the same between windows and linux server, rsync takes the
whole bandwidth.

Both windows and linux server have the same settings in rsyncd.conf.

Would be great if there is someone with any ideas how to solve this problem!

Thanks,
--
Sattler Media Press GmbH
Ulrich Jung