post-xfer exec -- more juice!

Wayne Davison wayned at samba.org
Sat Sep 9 17:51:37 GMT 2006

On Sat, Sep 09, 2006 at 09:55:13AM -0700, Wayne Davison wrote:
> I personally think that option 2 is a good choice and could be put into
> the current code without too much difficulty.

No, now that I think about it, there would be a problem with the process
waiting that needs to happen.  Since we can only wait on a child's exit
status, the main-rsync pid must be the child of the post-xfer process,
and the pre-xfer process must be a child of the main-rsync process, so
they can't share a process.