Archiving deleted files instead of deleting them

feenster mailings at fistameeny.co.uk
Sat Sep 2 12:50:08 GMT 2006

Christoph,

Thanks for the reply. I did find your post, but it didn't appear to be the
same thing I was wanting.

What I want to achieve is 2 folders on my backup server. 1 folder is a
"Live" folder - it is an exact copy of the data I am backing up, deletions
and all. The second folder is an "Archive" - this is not date stamped
snapshots, but would basically contain any file that Rsync was instructed to
delete at any point in the past.

Can the --backup option do that? If so, could you explain how your setup
works now?

Cheers,
    Matt