Archiving deleted files instead of deleting them

feenster mailings at fistameeny.co.uk
Sat Sep 2 12:09:44 GMT 2006

Hi all,

I want to synchronise two folders using Rsync. I have tried using the
--delete flag to make sure any files deleted from the source are deleted
from the destination. However, what I want is for any files deleted from the
source to not be deleted on the destination, but moved into an "Archive"
folder. So you would have 2 folders, "Live" and "Archive". Live would be an
exact copy of the source, and Archive would contain any files that were
marked for deletion from the source.

Is this possible with Rsync?

Cheers,
Matt