Rsync 2.6.9pre3 released
wayned at samba.org
Thu Oct 26 18:35:28 GMT 2006
I've just released rsync 2.6.9pre3. This should be the last version
before the final 2.6.9 release, and I don't foresee any significant
changes between it and the final release.
Please test this out and email the rsync mailing list with any
questions, comments, bug reports, etc. Thanks!
Here are direct links for the tar file and its signature:
Here is the NEWS file that summarizes the changes since 2.6.8:
The changes since 2.6.9pre2 are as follows:
- Fixed an uninitialized memory error in the -H code when using one
of the --*-dest options.
- Added a missing "len" variable in lib/inet_ntop.c.
- When --partial-dir=DIR is used, the server side no longer fudges
the exclude rules (this is a client-only behavior).
- One simple new feature made it in because it was so trivial: the
option --no-motd will silence a deamon's message-of-the-day output
without having to go completely --quiet.
- Improved the case statement in exit_cleanup() so that it cannot
get out of sync with the exit steps when the code changes.
- The macro WIFEXITED(stat) will now be defined if the OS didn't
already define it.
- The xattrs patch had a couple memory bugs fixed, and there is now
preliminary support for Mac OS X extended attributes.
- The rsync.1 and rsyncd.conf.5 files now have '\' in front of any
'-' where we don't want a line-break.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 189 bytes
Desc: Digital signature
Url : http://lists.samba.org/archive/rsync/attachments/20061026/e4ece3c9/attachment.bin
More information about the rsync