Rsync Problems

Philip W. likelink at jetsoftdev.com
Sat Oct 21 18:57:29 GMT 2006

I have gotten an Rsync daemon set up on my Linux server.  But I want to
use my Windows XP computer to upload files to an Rsync module on the
server.  The problem is, Rsync won't work on my Windows computer.  I
have tried compiling various versions of Rsync in Cygwin, and nothing
works.  It's not a firewall problem, because I have disabled my firewall
and tried to Rsync, and it still won't work.  Even the Rsync client from
the Cygwin installer program won't work.  The only client I found that
works is the 2.5.5 client that comes with WINRsync
(http://winrsync.sunsite.dk/) and I assume that that is "fixed".  So, I
was wondering, can anyone help me solve my problem?  Other people have
gotten Rsync working in Cygwin....