pseudo incremental backup solution

Nico Schottelius nico-rsync at schottelius.org
Fri Oct 20 09:02:22 GMT 2006

Hello dear list!

Just wanted to tell you that there's a simple and somehow smart
backup solution using rsync named ccollect [0].

It uses the hardlink feature of rsync to create fullbackups with only
minor size differences (it uesd cp -al and pax before).

I would be happy for any critic about the software, the documentation
the configuration style (cconfig [1]) and the idea itself.

Sincerly

Nico

P.S.: Please CC, I am not subscribed.

[0]: http://unix.schottelius.org/ccollect/
[1]: http://nico.schotteli.us/papers/linux/cconfig/

--
``...if there's one thing about Linux users, they're do-ers, not whiners.''
(A quotation of Andy Patrizio I completely agree with)