track a stolen laptop via rsync

jerrytown folch at rohan.sdsu.edu
Thu Oct 19 19:19:57 GMT 2006

My wife's Windows XP laptop was stolen a couple days ago.  Every night the
computer automatically preforms an rsync to a Debian Linux computer (the
dumb-dumbs didn't steal that).  My question: if the laptop successfully
connects to the Linux box can you think of anyway I can use this fact to
track the computer (maybe an IP address from its location., etc.)?

By they way I could really care less about the 2-year old laptop, I'm trying
to send these guys to jail and/or recover my wife's jewelry.

Thanks.