Rsync 2.6.9pre2 released
wayned at samba.org
Sat Oct 14 21:00:13 GMT 2006
I've just released rsync 2.6.9pre2. This version is mainly some fixes
and general cleanup that I made after getting to run the source through
IBM's code checker.
Please test this out and email the rsync mailing list with any
questions, comments, bug reports, etc. Thanks!
Here are direct links for the tar file and its signature:
Here is the NEWS file that summarizes the changes since 2.6.8:
The changes since 2.6.9pre1 are as follows:
- Fixed an infinite loop bug when a filter rule was rejected due to
being overly long.
- Did a code audit using IBM's code checker program and made several
changes, including: replacing most of the strcpy() and sprintf()
calls with strlcpy(), snprintf(), and memcpy(), and adding a 0-value
to an enum that had been intermingling a literal 0 with the defined
- Fixed a potential bug in f_name_cmp() when both the args are a
top-level "." dir (which doesn't happen in normal operations).
- Changed exit_cleanup() so that it can never return instead of exit.
The old code might return if it found the exit_cleanup() function
was being called recursively. The new code is segmented so that
any recursive calls move on to the next step of the exit processing.
- The rsync.yo and rsyncd.conf.yo files have been updated to work
better with the latest yodl 2.x releases.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 189 bytes
Desc: Digital signature
Url : http://lists.samba.org/archive/rsync/attachments/20061014/a984c750/attachment.bin
More information about the rsync