backup system files (and permissions) over ssh

Chuck Wolber chuckw at quantumlinux.com
Thu Oct 12 16:07:17 GMT 2006

On Thu, 12 Oct 2006, rsync-mail-gateway at nasbackup.com wrote:

> Quote: "Without root: Use a non-root account and use passwordless sudo
> in the script."
>
> sounds interesting, can you explain how am i suppose to do that ? who
> runs the script ? when ?

Check the man page for the sudoers file: "man 5 sudoers". Specifically
you're looking for the NOPASSWD tag. From there, you'd be able to use the
"sudo -c" (along with some other arguments) to run your script as root.

..Chuck..

--
http://www.quantumlinux.com
 Quantum Linux Laboratories, LLC.

 "The measure of the restoration lies in the extent to which we apply
  social values more noble than mere monetary profit." - FDR