Two rsync questions

Eric Zhang maillistbox at 126.com
Thu Nov 30 02:39:12 GMT 2006

Hi, Matt:

    Thank you very much. Your suggestions help me a great deal.

    About the first question, I have tested again and found that rsync
works very well. Last time I thought rsync cannot deal with the chinese
files because I use another encoding method to list these files so that
every file displayed "incorrect" filename. When I use UTF-8 to list
these files, all files display well. It really works, thanks.

    About the second question, I will begin researching rsync's source
code according to your suggestions. Yeah, I am really interesting in
file-list building and generator sections.

    Thanks again.

Regards
Eric Zhang
2006-11-30