rsync error: error starting client-server protocol

rsync.20.maillinglist at spamgourmet.com rsync.20.maillinglist at spamgourmet.com
Fri Nov 17 10:49:27 GMT 2006

I change the rsync.conf. I appended the rsync.conf at the bottom.

On the remote machin I still get the error
$  /usr/local/bin/rsync -v -v -avz
rsync://backup@localhost:9999/home/bin ~/temp/rsync
opening tcp connection to localhost port 9999
opening connection using --server --sender -vvvlogDtprz . home/bin
@ERROR: access denied to home from localhost (127.0.0.1)
rsync error: error starting client-server protocol (code 5) at
main.c(1171)
_exit_cleanup(code=5, file=main.c, line=1171): about to call exit(5)

I tried on the local pc which has the ip 192.168.180.53 with
/bin/rsync -v -avz rsync://backup@192.168.180.53:873/home/bin/ahk
/tmp/ahk
Everything work. But if start on the local pc which is localhost I got
an error

/bin/rsync -v -avz rsync://backup@localhost:873/home/bin/ahk /tmp/ahk
opening tcp connection to localhost port 873
opening connection using --server --sender -vvlogDtprz . home/bin/ahk
@ERROR: access denied to home from localhost (127.0.0.1)
rsync error: error starting client-server protocol (code 5) at
/home/lapo/packaging/tmp/rsync-2.6.6/ma
in.c(1171)

Rsync.conf
use chroot=false
strict modes=true
auth users=backup
secrets file=/etc/rsyncd.secrets
hosts allow=*, localhost, 127.0.0.1, 192.168.180.53
log file=/var/log/rsyncd.log
max verbosity = 2
transfer logging = yes

[home]