rsync 2.6.9 on OS X. files with xattrs don't retain mtime.

Wayne Davison wayned at samba.org
Fri Nov 10 20:28:23 GMT 2006

On Fri, Nov 10, 2006 at 04:18:51PM +0100, Wesley W. Terpstra wrote:
> However, if you sync a file that is identical in all respects except
> the resource fork (xattrs), then the mtime is wrong for the first
> run, but not the second (peanut->peanut2).

I would imagine that is because rsync didn't call stat() on the file, so
it doesn't know that the mtime changed.  We might want the set_xattr()
function to restore the file's mtime (from file->modtime) when it thinks
that the mtime of the file was affected.  Or have the set_xattr()
function change the value of the sxp->st.st_mtime variable, and have the
regular mtime-setting code come after the xattr-setting code.