rsync error: error starting client-server protocol

rsync.20.maillinglist at spamgourmet.com rsync.20.maillinglist at spamgourmet.com
Wed Nov 8 15:12:15 GMT 2006

I have installed
2.) installed a tunnel via ssh from the remote machine to my pc
ssh fjb at dpfs.dpcom.de -N -R pcbn0205.dpcom.de:9999:localhost:873

3.) I could run rsync from the remote machine to make bakups
The command to run the backup and the error messages is

/usr/local/bin/rsync -v -v -avz rsync://backup@localhost:9999/home/bin
~/temp/rsync
opening tcp connection to localhost port 9999
opening connection using --server --sender -vvvlogDtprz . home/bin
@ERROR: access denied to home from localhost (127.0.0.1)
rsync error: error starting client-server protocol (code 5) at
main.c(1171)
_exit_cleanup(code=5, file=main.c, line=1171): about to call exit(5)

When I start the following rsync command on my local pc everything is ok
/bin/rsync -v -avz rsync://backup@192.168.180.53:873/home/bin/ahk
/cygdrive/c/Temp/rsyncTEST/bin/ahk

On the remote machine and on my pc I have rsync version 2.6.6 protocol
version 29.

The network admins decided to make 2.) inpossible. So I build the ssh
tunnel from the pc to the remote machine. But the backup does not longer
run.

If there is not enough info in that mail please ask

Thanks for any help

  Franz

IMPORTANT
I will read replies only from the mailing list.
If you send me email directly it will be deleted.