Xattr on FreeBSD ... Good Luck ?

Wesley W. Terpstra wesley at terpstra.ca
Wed Nov 1 23:12:32 GMT 2006

On Nov 1, 2006, at 11:23 PM, Wesley W. Terpstra wrote:
> Give me a half hour! :-)

Drat! 10 minutes late. :-P This patch modifies also the
fake_super.patch, because I removed the unused (and unportable) flags
operand.
Changes:
	remove flags from setxattr
	add wrappers I hope work on FreeBSD (can't test this myself)
	remove the 0S% prefix for MacOS (it seems the macos extended
attributes should be considered simply the user namespace)
	renamed the special fake_super extended attribute to match the
naming recommendations from the freedesktop

If you could test this, Ensel, I'd be grateful. Try a local copy with
-X first. To build it:
	cvs -d:pserver:cvs at pserver.samba.org:/cvsroot co rsync
	cd rsync
	patch -p1 < patches/acls.patch
	patch -p1 < patches/xattrs.patch
	patch -p1 < patches/fake_super.patch
	patch -p1 < ~/freebsd-xattr.patch
	./prepare-sources
	./configure --enable-xattr-support
	make

Just so you know: there's almost certainly a bug / typo /
misunderstanding somewhere in there.