yet another "rsync hangs" question

mirko.vukovic at us.tel.com mirko.vukovic at us.tel.com
Wed May 17 17:35:19 GMT 2006

Hello,

I am sure the list has seem many of these questions, but I did not find one relating to my problem.

I am using rsync 2.6.6 on windows xp professional and cygwin (latest) to sync files between the hard-drives and the portable drive.  There is no other rsync daemon that I am contacting.

Even if I try to transfer files from one subdirectory to another on the same drive, rsync will hang.  The command is

rsync -avvvvvvvvv /some-dir/ ./test

Here is what the last few lines look like

... long list of lines like the following
[reciever] i=92 2 ....
recv_file_list done
get_local_name count=93 ./test
created directory ./test
recv_files(93) starting
generator starting pid=3552 count=93 <========= last displayed line.  The rest are after I hit ctrl-C
_exit_cleanup(code=20, file=/home/lapo/packaging/tmp/rsync-2.6.6/rsync.c, line=163): entered
rsync error: received SIGUSR1 or SIGINT (code 20) at /home/lapo/packaging/tmp/rsync-2.6.6/rsync.c(163)
_exit_cleanup(code=20, file=/home/lapo/packaging/tmp/rsync-2.6.6/rsync.c, line=163): about to call exit(20)
/mv-etc/temp
>rsync: writefd_unbuffered failed to write 107 bytes: phase "unknown" [generator]: Connection reset by peer (104)
_exit_cleanup(code=12, file=/home/lapo/packaging/tmp/rsync-2.6.6/io.c, line=1099): entered
rsync error: error in rsync protocol data stream (code 12) at /home/lapo/packaging/tmp/rsync-2.6.6/io.c(1099)
_exit_cleanup(code=12, file=/home/lapo/packaging/tmp/rsync-2.6.6/io.c, line=1099): about to call exit(12)

Any pointers?

Right now I am managing with three bash scripts that use find and mkdir and time-stamp files, but rsync would be a preferable canned solution.

Many thanks,

Mirko

If you have received this email in error please notify the originator of the message.

Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender.

This message has been scanned for viruses and spam by SurfControl RiskFilter - E-mail.