Issue with hard links, please help!

Tony Abernethy tony at servacorp.com
Mon May 15 01:52:31 GMT 2006

100Mbps is about 10MBps so 4GB would take about 400 seconds or a bit under 7
minutes.
BOTH sides will have to read the 4GB file and compare results.
Comparing results will be almost instantaneous over 100Mbps LAN.
Getting the results to compare will depend on disk speed and CPU speed.
It doesn't have to be extremely old for the disks to be slower than the LAN.
I've had local rsyncs (disk-to-disk) that took longer than trans-pacific
internet.
Also quite often very painfully the reverse;)