is not working running through Cron

Wayne Davison wayned at samba.org
Wed May 10 15:19:53 GMT 2006

On Tue, May 09, 2006 at 12:54:58PM -0300, Manuel Kissoyan wrote:
> rsync error: timeout in data send/receive (code 30) at io.c(171) [sender=2.6.8]
> rsync: connection unexpectedly closed (24336606 bytes received so far) [receiver]

I note that the command is up and running, but that it timed out after
doing receiving quite a bit of data.  I'd suggest (1) switching over to
using --delete-during (since that does not cause a huge pause at the
start of the transfer), and/or (2) trying to increase (or eliminate) the
timeout value to see if rsync is just running slowly or if it is getting
hung up on something (i.e. the time of the cron job may coincide with
other disk-intensive operations, and slow down rsync enough that it
times out).