User permissions

Chris Boyd Chris.Boyd at usit.ie
Fri May 5 13:37:52 GMT 2006

I'm trying to follow the tutorial on using rsync with ssh/cron. Implimenting the no password method.
It says not to use root and create a user. The question is, if I am mirroring home directors how do I give this user the proper permissions?

copyrighted.  If you are not the intended recipient please
prohibited. USIT has scanned this email for viruses and
dangerous content and believes it to be clean. However,
virus scanning is ultimately the responsibility of the recipient.