Time based filtering for rsync

Nithya Balachandran nbalachandran at novell.com
Fri May 5 11:48:35 GMT 2006

Hi,

I am hoping for some information on the rsync filtering. I went through
the rsync man page and filtering options. The filtering options and
include/exclude rules are based on the names of the files. I was
wondering if  there are any plans to support time based filtering in
rsync? For example, if I wanted to update only those files that were
modified between date1 and date2, would that be a valid rsync scenario?
Currently there doesn't seem to be any way to do that in rsync.

Thanks and regards,
Nithya