logging problem

Julian Pace Ross julian.paceross at gmail.com
Fri Mar 31 16:50:10 GMT 2006

Yep I tried those two options, and nothing...
Even if the pre-user conf files have a log file in the same directory,
which I touch before trying, messages keep going to syslog... I tried
with 666 permissions on rsyncd.log too just to make sure...

The following is one of the user's conf file, hope theres a clue. Thanks!

log file = /home/pluto/rsyncd.log     <<< This is the problem!! this
rsync.conf is in the same dir.
log format = [From: %a] [To: %m] %o %f %u [Size: %b]
use chroot = false
transfer logging = true

[module1]
   path = modules/module1