Can't chdir to directory on mapped share, no such directory?

Kenneth Porter shiva at sewingwitch.com
Fri Mar 31 00:52:33 GMT 2006

I'm using cwRsync which incorporates rsync-2.6.7 with Cygwin. I've got it
set up as a server and it works for local directories but when I try to set
up a module with path /cygdrive/m/dirname it tells me that it can't chdir
to that path, error 2, no such file or directory. I copied Cygwin mount and
ls to the machine and mount reports that /cygdrive/m is indeed there, and
ls can successfully list the directory. I copied bash to the machine and
can cd to that directory and ls it. So what is rsyncd doing different that
it fails the access?