RSYNC authors help plz...

lsk ellsatish at gmail.com
Tue Mar 28 22:24:41 GMT 2006

On Tue, Mar 28, 2006 at 06:54:22AM -0800, lsk wrote:
> rsync: write failed on "/db31/oradata/sids/w1.dbf": File too large (27)

This error is coming from your OS.  Either the libraries you linked
rsync with do not handle large files, or the destination filesystem
does not support files that large.  I'd recommend first testing the
filesystem for large-file support (if you don't already know this).
If that is not the problem, you'll need to figure out why the 2.6.6
build didn't get compiled with large-file support for the functions
that it uses:  mkstemp() (or mktemp() if your OS didn't have a good
enough mkstemp() function), open(), and lseek() all need to be O.K.

////** lsk

 Wayne,

The solution you gave have fixed the problem. The destination filesystem was
changed to accomodate files that are large than 2 GB and that fixed the
problem. I think the transfers are ok now but I would report back how this
massive transfer goes and how long it took once I complete it.

They recently did a newfs and out of that 6 filesystem drives had the
correct setting to allow files > 2GB thats why it allowed those few files
that were 24 gb,8gb and 6gb and all other files that were rsyning into the
filesystem drives that didn't have this limit failed.

Thanks,
lsk.