RSYNC authors help plz...

lsk ellsatish at gmail.com
Tue Mar 28 18:21:59 GMT 2006

This error is coming from your OS.  Either the libraries you linked
rsync with do not handle large files, or the destination filesystem
does not support files that large.  I'd recommend first testing the
filesystem for large-file support (if you don't already know this).
If that is not the problem, you'll need to figure out why the 2.6.6
build didn't get compiled with large-file support for the functions
that it uses:  mkstemp() (or mktemp() if your OS didn't have a good
enough mkstemp() function), open(), and lseek() all need to be O.K.

How to compile and make sure that everything is ok ? I am not a unix guy but
if you could brief the procedure/step of commands of how to compile the
rsync that is installed on the destination.

Also How to check if the files are not properly compiled ?

Thanks,