RSYNC authors help plz...

lsk ellsatish at gmail.com
Tue Mar 28 14:54:22 GMT 2006

I started the massive transfer based on the historical timings, but now I am
facing lots of problems in the transfer...I am getting lot of errors like
this..

This is a very critical production update I have only 3 weeks time to
complete this 4 tb transfer that was taken from historical times using rsync

rsync: writefd_unbuffered failed to write 4813 bytes: phase "unknown"
[sender]: Broken pipe (32)
rsync: write failed on "/db31/oradata/sids/w1.dbf": File too large (27)
rsync error: error in file IO (code 11) at receiver.c(291)

I am running 6 batch files that contain a total of 15500 files and total
size of all oracle datafiles is 4 tb.

Other info i recently upgraded to RSYNC version "2.6.6  protocol version 29"
on destination server...

Source server rsync  version 2.6.5  protocol version 29

Thanks for your quick help...