Rsync 4TB datafiles...?

lsk ellsatish at gmail.com
Wed Mar 22 15:29:27 GMT 2006

lsk wrote:

>But I have tried various options including --inplace,--no-whole-file etc.,
>for last few weeks but all the results show me removing the destination
>server oracle datafiles and after that doing an "rsync -vz" from source is
>faster than copying(rsyncing) over the old files that are present in
>destination.

Please do try applying the patch in "patches/dynamic_hash.diff" to both
sides (well, it's probably only necessary for the sending machine, but
no matter) and making this check again. This patch is meant to address
precisely your predicament.

          Shachar
--
///**** lsk > Hi which issue does this patch address ? it is for -- inplace
or for ,--no-whole-file transfer of oracle datafiles.

Where can I get this patch ?

Thanks,
lsk.