How to compile Rsync with acl support on Cygwin

Peter Olivia polivia at mindspring.com
Sat Mar 18 01:36:19 GMT 2006

I downloaded just the acls.diff and it compiles and builds fine.  I was able
to do the double --acls entry successfully.  All special bits and acls rsync
in both directions.  ACL only changes get recognized and rsynced too.

(BTW, the xattr patch may need to be updated as it patches with fuzz due to
the changes created by the acls.diff updates)

Nice Job on the fixes.  In my mind, this is a real boon to the open source
backup community.  Now windows backups/restores can be more reliably and
efficiently done using open source Linux/UNIX/Mac server solutions.

Thanks again,

Pete