how to distinguish local add and remote delete?

Huang, YongHui yhhuang at telenav.cn
Mon Mar 6 02:49:55 GMT 2006

hi,all, I have a question about how to distinguish local add and remote delete?

hope to get answer from any of you, thank you in advanced.

how to distinguish local add and remote delete:
Local is machine A, Rsync client, remote is machine B, Rsync server.

In our application, A and B are load balance and have same import.

file changes may happend in machin A or machine B.

So each time, A first get the changes from machine B, then push the changes to machine B.
Or the reverse order.

my question is: if now machine B delete a file (file_delete_1.txt) and A add a file (file_add_1.txt)

when A get the changes from machine B, it find that both file "file_delete_1.txt" and "file_add_1.txt" are exist in machine A and NOT in machine B,
so it think machine B formerly have these two file and now they were all deleted!!!!! so machine A also delete the files "file_delete_1.txt" and "file_add_1.txt".

How to avoid this situation?

If Rsyanc can not handle this situation, is their any other solution for it ?

thank you very much.

Best Regards
Server Dept.
TeleNav Shanghai Inc.