sctp support for rsync?

Jason Haar Jason.Haar at trimble.co.nz
Sun Mar 5 20:22:04 GMT 2006

Hi there

I've just done some brief reading up on SCTP, and I get the impression
it will allow multiple "threads" of streamed data as part of one
connection? I was wondering what impact that would have on high
bandwidth, high latency links?

Currently our bottleneck in using rsync is due to that. We have fat
pipes and yet a single rsync session cannot saturate it due to the
latency. I'm wondering if SCTP could help? (I'm guessing it would as
running multiple copies of rsync in parallel also "fixes" our problem)

--
Cheers

Jason Haar
Phone: +64 3 9635 377 Fax: +64 3 9635 417