Rsync help needed...

Linus Hicks lihicks at gpi.com
Fri Mar 3 20:29:35 GMT 2006

Carson Gaspar wrote:
> --On Friday, March 03, 2006 9:21 AM -0500 Linus Hicks <lihicks at gpi dot com>

Please configure your email client to not quote email addresses...

> wrote:
>
>> This is certainly not true for the source machine. It typically has 70gb
>> free (it's still running a 32-bit Oracle database server). The
>> destination machine started out with about 2.8gb free. I will run it
>> again and watch what happens to memory.
>
> Just a sanity check - you mean 70gb of _RAM_ free? Or are you talking
> about swap/VM? (I have run servers with >64GB of RAM, but they're not
> common, thus the sanity check)

That machine has a total of 96gb of RAM installed. The reason there is so much
free is because we are still using a 32-bit version of the Oracle database
server so the SGA can't go over the 2gb limit. The upgrade to 64-bit 9i will
probably happen within two months and then we will be able to increase it greatly.

Linus