Rsync help needed...

lsk ellsatish at gmail.com
Fri Mar 3 03:09:52 GMT 2006

Linus, I was looking at your 1.6 GB rsync transfers, the "initial copy"
without that file on the destination is faster than that of using
"--inplace" and not using inplace option. I also came across the same
results but still I am trying with some other datafiles to again confirm.

All the tests i have conducted so far makes me feel like if you remove the
destination files (oracle datafiles) and then do rysnc it is much faster.

I will post back again with results after one more test.

we have a 20TB database files that needs to be transferred to remote server
and then create a database using control file so I am desperate of trying
all options that would suffice my need to get this done in less amount of
time.

Thanks,
lsk.