Can rsync monitor a file system?

Charles.Berman at pfpc.com Charles.Berman at pfpc.com
Tue Jun 27 14:26:19 GMT 2006

How would you set a cron to run every 30 seconds? Otherwise it could work
for me.

______________________

Charles Berman
Senior Unix Administrator

"Think Globally"

             "Tim H"
             <tim at simulat.com>
             06/27/2006 01:42          "Tony Abernethy"
             AM                        <tony at servacorp.com>,
                                       <Charles.Berman at pfpc.com>,
                                       <rsync at lists.samba.org>
                                                                        cc

                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: Can rsync monitor a file
                                       system?

what about scripts running every 30 seconds on each machine,
thats lighter then rsync just to compare..
eg.

---- Server1 ----
ls -lR /* > ~/files1
scp files1 SERVER2:~

---- Server2 ----
ls -lR /* > ~/files2
(do a diff command here on files1 vs. files2)
(if different, then run rsync -u)